What is the best way to pressure wash a deck?
To pressure wash a deck, you will need a pressure washer, a cleaning solution, and some basic supplies.
Here is a step-by-step guide:
1) Remove all furniture, décor, and accessories from the deck.
2) Sweep the deck with a cleaning brush to remove loose dirt and debris.
4) Adjust the pressure washer to the lowest setting via the largest nozzle and test it on a small, inconspicuous area of the deck to make sure the pressure is not too high and will not damage the wood.
5) Begin washing the deck, starting from the highest point and working your way down washing with the grain. Hold the sprayer about 12-18 inches from the surface and move it in a back-and-forth motion, overlapping each pass.
6) After washing the entire deck, let it dry completely before applying any finish or sealer.
Note: Always wear protective gear, such as eye protection and sturdy shoes, when using a pressure washer.