Starting a pressure washing business, the first steps to success!
How to start a pressure washing business?
Starting a pressure washing business can be very rewarding and lucrative! When starting any business the first steps are usually the most vital to later success. Check out these quick start steps for information on starting your new pressure washing business!
To start a pressure washing business, you will need to take the following steps first:
1) Research your market and competition: Understand the demand for pressure washing services in your area and what your competitors are offering. Do a quick google search, are there other businesses servicing your area? What type of marketing are they doing? Don't copy another business but this can give you idea to build from!
2) Develop a business plan: Outline your business goals, target market, pricing strategy, and operating procedures. Making sure your customers have a uniformed experience is important and now is the time to make sure you make the company policies and operational structure is built properly.
3) Obtain necessary licenses and permits: Check with your local government to find out what licenses and permits you will need to operate your business legally. Some areas may not need a special license for starting a pressure washing business but many will require a county merchants license or business license.
4) Purchase equipment and supplies: Invest in a pressure washer, hoses, nozzles, and other necessary equipment and supplies. (Check out a full blog on equipment here)
5) Build a website and create a social media presence: Use the internet to promote your business and attract customers. Many companies don't have a strong online presence and this costs you big! Where do you go to search for a product or service? Chances are good your customers will do the same.
6) Develop a marketing strategy: Advertise your business in local newspapers and directories, Google Adwords, Facebook marketing / other social media marketing and consider offering special deals or promotions to attract new customers.
7) Be prepared for safety and insurance: Make sure you have liability insurance, worker's compensation insurance, and also have safety protocols in place for yourself and your employees.
8) Build a list of satisfied clients: As you complete jobs, ask your clients to provide you with a testimonial or to refer your services to others.
9) Continuously improve your service: Continuously ask for feedback and reviews, listen and make improvements to your service to retain customers and attract new ones.
I hope these quick tips give you some direction in how to start your new pressure washing business!